While playing Tufhunt, you have to go to each place to get information and tasks. In addition to one or more amusing multiple choice questions, there is also a small memory game. By going from place to place and solving the challenges you collect points. If you are walking together with others, it is possible to play against each other on your mobile phones. You can see your and your opponents’ scores by tapping the score at the bottom right of the screen. On the map you can also at any time see where your opponents are. You also have the option to choose between maps and hybrid.
How to play:
1. Start TurfHunt and find and choose Egersund on the map on the screen.
2. Start Game. If you are going to play against each other on multiple mobile phones, the others can only press REDEEM INVITATION and type in the 6 letters you get up on your screen.
3. Once you’ve got all the players, tap Start Game Now and everyone will get up their map (select hybrid for satellite imagery). You all will also see where you are on the map.
4. Keep walking until a task shows up on your screen. You will receive the information as a picture, text or audio, Tap “Challenge” and you will be given tasks that are either multiple choice or a memory game (timed).
5. Along the way and in the end you can see your points at the bottom of the screen. Tap the score and see what you and the others have managed. Enjoy your time outdoors!
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunt game that takes place in the real world and while you use devices with GPS. Players navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then try to find the geocache (the container) that is hidden at that position.
At its simplest, geocaching requires the following 8 steps:
1. Register a basic membership free..
2. Visit the page «Hide & find a cache».
3. Give your postal code and click «Search».
4. Choose any geocache from the list and click on the name.
5. Enter the coordinates of the geocache on your GPS unit.
6. Use your GPS unit for help to find the hidden geocache.
7. Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
8. Share your geocaching stories and photos on the internet.
There is much more to the game than this. Continue to read here to learn more!
Cultural Heritage Search
Cultural Heritage Search (www.kulturminnesok.no) gives you an overview of cultural monuments in Norway. The pages were launched by the Directorate for Cultural Heritage in December 2009, and were revised in the spring of 2012.
Kulturminnesøk shows information on over 170,000 cultural monuments and cultural environments registered in Askeladden, and also has information and photos from several other sources and from the public.
When you ask the app to find cultural monuments near you, you get the cultural monuments on a map on the screen on your mobile phone together with more information about each cultural monument. The mobile phone helps you to find each cultural monument, which may have been quite “secret” for centuries, maybe in your own garden!
The first version of our Kulturminnesøk mobile app is available for Android and can be downloaded in Google Play.
The app shows information from Kulturminnesøk about cultural monuments in Norway. The app has three main functions: «I nærheten» (close by) shows cultural monuments where you are located in lists and on a map
«Vis meg» (show me) shows cultural monuments in the surroundings using Augmented Reality (AR)
«Utforsk» (explore) where you can filter among all cultural monuments.
You can upload pictures and add comments on cultural monuments to Kulturminnesøk directly from the app.
The current version of the app contains only cultural monument locations from Askeladden which are mapped, and not cultural environments or user-created cultural monuments.